- 1 lime (zested, juiced)
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp butter (melted)
- 1 cup quinoa (Ancient Harvest, Organic White Grains)
- 2 cups water
- 3 tomatoes (diced)
- 1 can whole kernel sweet corn (drained, rinsed)
- 1 can black beans (drained, rinsed)
- In medium saucepan combine 1 cup of quinoa with 2 cups of water. Bring to boil. Once it starts to boil, reduce to low heat and cover for 15 minutes
- Make the dressing: In small bowl zest and juice one lime. Add sugar, olive oil, and melted butter.
- Dice 3 tomatoes
- After the quinoa is done pour it into a large mixing bowl. Pour dressing over and mix so that quinoa is completely coated. Add diced tomatoes and mix. Add rinsed black beans and corn. Again, mix. Voila!
- Enjoy and Keep refrigerated.
So far this summer, I have largely filled my Instagram stories with various pictures of my quinoa salad. Literally, story of my life. This particular quinoa salad has come to be the staple dish in my diet. For me, “look good, feel good” requires several elements: food that makes me feel good, exercise that makes me feel like I’m going to die, but ultimately makes me look good, and clothes. Making this quinoa salad recipe marks a shift in my eating habits. Since becoming an adult, my body seems to have taken on the role of my mother in regulating what I eat. So, while I love to snack on a pack of Oreos, I know my body is going to make me feel awful for it. Sadly, gone are the days when I can survive on sugar. As a result, I have stopped fighting this fact, and have started looking for healthy options that I don’t hate. This is by far my favorite one. I hope you enjoy it, too!